Saturday, April 02, 2005

Come to the Quiet

So I thought I would post a poem that I wrote this morning, Thursday, March 31st, 2005 after not getting enough sleep. Hope you like it. It's something that I believe God has been whispering to me for the past couple of years.

Come to the Quiet

Silence is loud!
And yet you call me to it.
Pull me away from the maddening
Saddening,
noise,
hurry,
crowds.

To listen.

“Turn off the music, put down the pen,
Come to the quiet and listen again,
For the still, small voice.
Mightier than the earthquake --
Or the wind or the fire."
Listen for the voice
that ignites the desire,
To know the one who calls to me.

“Find the time, make the date,
Come to the quiet and meditate,
Come to the silence,
for I have much to say,
much to share,
much to give.
True, you can live
The way that you have been -
Running,
Ragged,
until your life is spent,
Jaded and fagged
like a horse that’s run
One too many a race.”

But I have much more for you.

So come, make some space,
Come to the quiet.
And live!

No comments: