Friday, July 29, 2005

You make me wanna ...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I guess it's my time to learn something. I woke up this morning to discover that someone - I am not sure who - had hit the gate on my fence outside the house and broken the thing in half.

I remember hearing someone who sounded like they were struggling with the motor on their SUV early this morning and I am wondering whether that was it. No note, no nothing; just a broken gate and a couple of pieces of their vehicle.

It might even have been a friend of mine; I am not sure. But I guess I am learning to deal with problems and forgive people. God knows I need forgiving a lot. And isn't that the nature of forgiveness? Letting someone off the hook. Canceling a debt and incurring the debt yourself? Isn't that what Jesus did?

So to whoever did the damage to my gate, I forgive you. You don't have to pay for it, fix it, or even admit you did it. You're free. And now, so am I.

No comments: