Friday, July 15, 2005

Sometimes I thank God ...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI wanted to share this because it's really neat. Cornelia and I have joined a home group in our church, because we felt like we needed to, and because I have been studying The Second Reformation by William Beckham as part of my studies at Regent University. Little did I know what God had planned for this group.

I am one who believes that prayer is not so much us telling God what we want Him to do, but Him causing us to ask for what He wants to give us anyway. It is in that vein that I tell this story.

Our home group is basically four couples in their 40s with one of the leaders in the church as the facilitator. One member of the group suffers from Meniere's Syndrome. The sad thing is that she is a classical violinist and this disease threatens her hearing. But at our last meeting, we sensed that we should pray for her and we asked her husband to stand in for her as we prayed.

The Bible says that if anyone is sick they should call for the elders of the church to pray for them for healing. Since the leader of our group was what our church calls "a member of the design team" which is basically the elders, we were in keeping with the Biblical mandate. But that's immaterial; God was not asking us to keep an exact formula, He just wanted us to pray for this woman.

I'll let her tell the rest of the story:


I want to thank you all for praying for me last night.? I want to share my experience with you:

Yesterday, as I'm sure Bob told you, my Meniere's decided to give me a hard time. By noon I had a raging headache, dizziness, fatigue, blurred vision, nausea (from being dizzy), pressure in my earslike whenen you're ascending in a plane, except I can't "pop" them), my usual ringing in my ears was about 3 times
louder, my balance was off anso aboutut the only thing I could do was just lay there, which I can't stand because I'm the type of person that has to always be doing something. (This is all typical when my Meniere's gets bad.

I just thank God that I didn't have the vertigo that occasionally goes along with it. Vertigo - imagine, if you can, getting as drunk as you possibly can,then riding the Tilt-A-Whirl at an amusement park. THAT'S what the vertigo feels like, except it usually lasts anywhere from 6 to 36 hours.) I had taken all my appropriate
medications to contromy symptomsms, which helped but I still felt pretty bad.

Sam offered to make dinner after Bob left for small group. hadn't feltlt like eating all day, and I wasn't really hungry anyway. Bushe offereded, so she made some tacos. When they were done, I actually found myself being hungry, and ate 4. (me pig!!? LOL)

Also I noticemy headachehe had eased up, my eyes has stopped
jumping around, anmy dizzinessss had all but gone away. I thought "hmmmmm, the 'drugsmust'veve kicked in finally." It wasn't until Bob came home when I realized what happened. He said you all had prayed for me.

I asked him about what time was that. He said about 7:30; THAT was about the time I started feeling better!!

This morning, I woke up with no headache, no dizzies, and justhe normalal "aftermath" of fatigue but even that's not as bad as usual. Typically when this happens, I'm affected for 2-3 days, thefatigued foror another 2-3 days. We all KNOW that prayer works. But we don't always get to see Him working. And it's so awesome when we do see it!

So Praise the Lord, thank you, God, and my most humble thanks to all of you for your prayers.? I don't know about you guys, but I'll be spending most of today in thanks and praise for Our Lord who loves us past understanding.


Blessings and peace,
Cheryl


Some would say that's coincidence, but as a wise old guy once said "the coincidences happen more often when I pray."

No comments: