Tuesday, February 08, 2005

He who finds a wife ...

finds a good thing and receives the favor of the Lord. That's what the book of Proverbs says in the Bible. I want to introduce you to my wife, Cornelia. That's her over there smiling at you. (Well, okay she's smiling at me when I took this picture on her birthday in New York City). We have been married for five years now, and she has proven to be the best friend I have ever had.

I met her at church, and we dated for about six months. We were officially engaged in June after meeting in January. During our pre-marital counseling, the chaplain who married us told me she would make an excellent wife, and man was he right! She is caring, sensitive, and most of all patient. She has to be with me, because sometimes I can be a real hothead.

And I hate it when she cries. I have made her cry during our marriage, and as usual it was about some insignificant thing that got my knickers in a twist. But she is also forgiving. And I can see Christ's love in her.

So honey, thank you for being the wife I dreamed of. Thanks for being patient with a man who sometimes is so overwhelmed by how you love him. You are everything I could have imagined in a wife, and your love for me humbles me and makes me thankful. Happy Valentine's Day.

David

No comments: