Thursday, February 01, 2007

Super Blog I

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingGreetings from South Florida! I got here finally. The weather here is a little cloudy, but it's 78 degrees and the promise of warmth is a welcome respite from the Winter Blast DC is getting.

I am writing this from the media lounge area in the pressroom at the Miami Convention Center, which is the main media center for all the reporters covering the Super Bowl. There's supposed to be about 4,000 of us here, and so they have outfitted the convention center to accommodate the rush.

The photo is of radio row. That's where all the other radio reporters are. VOA doesn't have a booth there. You have to reserve them, and I would assume, pay money for them.

So here I am. But I am in South Beach. What would Tony Dungy do? He would say "Well, God has a plan and we make the best of it."

But I get to go to a free concert by Prince in about an hour, and I get to break bread with the Upper Crust for a few days. Not to mention the warmth (sorry honey, I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but JEEZZZ). I also got to ride over here with a guy from the John Riggins show in DC. So that was cool.

Anyway. Look for more posts on Super Flava.

No comments: