Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It's that freakin' cold


It is so cold here in Northern Virginia. When I got home from the Super Bowl yesterday, it was like being thrown into liquid nitrogen when I stepped out of National Airport. The cold slapped me up side the head and threatened to take all the feeling out of my fingers.

At least today the wind is calm. The weather forecasters are saying that we are in for snow tonight. We are not as cold as International Falls Minnesota, which was reported to be the coldest city in the country today. I don't know what the exact temperature was there, but let's just say the ice queen from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe would have felt right at home. Of course, she would feel pretty comfortable in DC right now.

This is some ice in a puddle near Bull Run creek behind my house. It looks like something out of a dream. And to think, two days ago I was in warm - though rainy - Florida.

No comments: