Friday, March 02, 2007

This is not a thaw ...


Tiger Swallowtail
Originally uploaded by byrdmn2.
this is Spring! It's almost time for the butterflies to come back. After a cold month of February, today it's almost 60 degrees in Washington (on Friday march 2, 2007).

The buds on the Cherry Blossum trees near the tidal basin and the Washington Monument are swelling and the first of the daffodils are poking their pointy heads out of the now unfrozen ground.

It is good to feel the warmth return to the earth. It feels like life if being breathed back into the creation. Fall is beautiful with its plethora of colors and winter even has a certain attraction with its long nights and clear views of the stars at night.

But I have had enough Winter. Time for the Old Man to go back in his hole for another eight months. Let the life return.

10 My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. 11 See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. 12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. 13 The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." (Song of Songs 2:10-13)

No comments: