Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Emerging from the fog ...


awakening 2
Originally uploaded by byrdmn2.
You ever have one of those days?

For me today was one of those days. I am allergic to mold (my doctor says its RAD or reactive airway disease) which means that my lungs go haywire when I get exposed to too many nasty little spores.

And this week in DC, with the warm weather, mold is EVERYWHERE. Even the cherry blossums along the tidal basin are on the verge of budding! That's how warm it is here, and the forecast is for more of the same.But one of the cures for RAD is albuterol, a steroid inhaler, which I found out when I tried to get my prescription filled, is being replaced because aerosol inhalers damage the ozone layer.

Hmmmm. The mold is out because the weather is warm. The weather is warm (so would say) because of "greenhouse" gases, including CFCs and propellents from aerosols. I need an aerosol inhaler to cure my lungs from the reaction they have to the mold that is formed early because of the warm weather because of the greenhouse gases.

Or maybe it's just too many cow farts. That's another theory.

Either way, I need to take a couple of hits on this stuff each day. And one of its side effects is to wire you up like a Christmas tree. Which it did. So I was awake until after midnight. Which means of course I will need more coffee to stay awake to handle my job. Which sucks because albuterol and coffee combined are like the big green muscular guy in the comics when he gets angry. Gonna be shame on somebody.

No comments: