Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back from the Beach

Sunrise, Virginia Beach, Va (c) DbyrdSo I just got back from Virginia Beach, where I was taking a class. The sand and sun are just heating up, and the water is still below 70 degrees, but it was the BEACH. Now if you want to preserve that beach body, I have found something that will help - Weight Watchers chocolate chip muffins. That's right, muffins.

These things are as chocolaty as you would want, and they are lower in calories that your standard comfort food. But the only place I could find them was Farm Fresh in Virginia Beach! Needless to say, I loaded up. But Weight Watchers' website says that Safeway sells them. I will have to find out, because my lovely wife LOVES chocolate, but like me, she has to watch it or the weight monster will jump on her back.

So we have taken to eating the Weight Watchers stuff, and believe me, these things help preserve your sanity. If chocolate is not your thing, they also have them in Blueberry and other flavors. But the main thing is that they help drive away that "I've got to have something SWEET" feeling that you get.

So eat up, and enjoy. They are great with coffee, especially if you nuke them in the microwave for 15 seconds and put a little fat-free Cool Whip topping them. Bon Appetit!

No comments: