Friday, September 16, 2005

It was the best of times ....

Okay so I'm not going to steal from Charles Dickens.

I just went to get lunch and was reminded of something. Taking albuterol can make you irritable.

The guard at the Ford House Office building asked me to replace the tray that you put your keys, watch, cell phone, heart pacemaker, ear plugs, Glock 9 and other metal objects in before you go in the building.

I felt like Neo in the Matrix, wanting to have a little confrontation there by the magnetometer. There's only one problem -- Neo is fantasy, first of all, and he was armed, second of all. There was absolutely no reason for me to be irritated at this guy's request. Not to mention he had two friends who had Glocks as well.

I knew that. But on this love potion, it's the small things that irritate you. Not piss you off; not enrage you, just irritate you. Like someone making a small request but you take it WAY too seriously. But the Faustian bargain on this stuff is that I have to take it to breathe! Otherwise I can't get any air sometimes. Cornelia says I get scary sometimes when I take this crap.

Ironically, some of the side effects are:

  • nervousness
  • shakiness
  • dizziness
  • excitement
  • Being a prick to people
  • desire to beat the life out of a person ....

Oh no. Those last two are just the effects if you happen to listen to the bad voices in your head. So if you have the misfortune -- like me -- to need this stuff when the Ragweed is in full bloom, remember, that sudden surge of adrenalin will fade if you give it time. Enjoy the fall.

No comments: