Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bloggin da bowl

Okay so I'm not at the Super Bowl this year. My editor is there. Good thing. The halftime show sucks! Tom Petty is such a geezer! Prince was much better last year. My wife is like "Entertain me! This is the Super Bowl!"

I agree. So far the commercials are okay. My favorite was the fire-breathing one for Bud light and the Fab Five with Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade. The rest of them were pretty lame. Except for the talking stain; THAT was funny. The Pigeons for FedEx were pretty good too. But the screaming squirrel and his friends were kind of silly as were the badgers in the Toyota.

Liked the Rocky-esque ad with the Clydesdale and the Dalmatian. The high-five at the end was a nice touch.

I am surprised that the Patriots haven't scored more than seven points so far. And now Barack Obama is boring me with a stupid political ad! And Danica Patrick's Go Daddy.com ad was lame. She says "with my new GoDaddy.com webpage I have all the exposure I need." LAME! Not that I expected her to take her clothes off; that would have been too much even for the Super Bowl. Even for Go Daddy.

But they could bring back the fire-breather ad. That was funny!

The heart jumping out of the woman's chest was a little gross. But I can relate to wanting to tell the boss to shove it. Pretty sick when you have a plate of food though.

No comments: