Friday, May 05, 2006

Bad Mamma Jamma!

Marcus Miller (c)chrisjara.comSo a friend of mine let me listen to a couple of Marcus Miller CDs and my response was again "We're not worthy!" This brother can thump with the best of them. Makes me realize I have a long way to go. But hey, he's a pro and one of those names that people say with a certain sense of awe. So thump on!

But his fretless playing (for all you mwah hatahs out there) is on par with anyone I have heard too. And he's coming to the DC area. Wolftrap June 9th to be exact. I would love to check him out but that's also the first day of the World Cup in Germany, and the man wants me to be writing about das fussballers!

But Marcus at Wolftrap would certainly be worth the price of admission. Especially since he has Stanley Clarke on the same bill. Make it funky, y'all.

No comments: